I want to admit something to you – I am a lazy snacker. I love to snack and grabbing a bag of chips is so much easier than creating a healthier option. I should correct myself it WAS so much easier. I started making these homemade banana chips and I now reach for them over regular potato chips most times (I still love chips). Yes, there is a bit of work involved but it is mainly peeling and slicing a banana … and turning an oven on.
Nothing too strenuous.
If you live in a small apartment you can even make these in a toaster oven.
I also like to make these with dipping sauces – vanilla coconut and honey cinnamon. I do not always make the sauces – the chips are good on their own – but if I am having company over and bring out this snack the dipping sauces look super impressive (but are really easy to make).
You can print the recipe at the bottom of the post.
Homemade Banana Chips w/ Vanilla Coconut & Honey Cinnamon Dipping Sauces
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 90 minutes
Total: 115 minutes
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt
- 3 Bananas
- 2 TSP Honey
- 4-5 Dashes Cinnamon
- 1 Capful Vanilla extract
- 3 Capfuls Coconut extract
- 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel the bananas and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Coat baking sheet with 1 TBSP of coconut oil.
- Juice 1 lemon into a small bowl.
- Dip Banana slices in lemon juice and place on baking sheet.
- Place pan into oven and cook slices for 90 minutes
- After 90 minutes flip the slices and cook for another 90 minutes (may be longer depending on ripeness of banana and desired crispness)
- Combine 4 TBSP Greek Yogurt, 2 TSP Honey, and 4-5 Dashes of Cinnamon to prepare Honey Cinnamon dip. Refrigerate.
- Combine 4 TBSP Greek Yogurt, 2 TSP Sugar, 3 Capfuls Coconut extract, and 1 Capful Vanilla extract. Refrigerate.
- Remove Banana chips from oven, let cool, and serve.